Thursday 29 June 2017

Second Sewn Head Scarf 2017 Part 1

Second Sewn Head Scarf 2017 Part 1

Since this is the second Head Scarf a few details will be known to you already. The process at the beginning is the same as that used in the Fleur de Lys.

Red Ribbon Head Scarf













The photo above shows the diamond cut and hemmed with Red Ribbon – my chosen colour this time. Two edges have been backstitched in red thread and two in pink

Rose Template












The design I chose this time was that of a Rose which is my favourite flower. After I traced and filled in the template onto the middle I repeated at the Bottom of the diagonal.

Dark Red Middle Rose Outline
 

I started on the Middle Rose first by outlining with Dark Red and Dark Green.

Middle Rose with Pink Interior

















Using the same backstitch process I filled in the flower part with Pink Thread

Middle Rose Highlighted

















I then started highlighting the interior with Dark Red thread.

To be continued in the next blog

No comments:

Post a Comment