Thursday 22 June 2017

Sewn Head Scarf 2017 Part 2

Sewn Head Scarf 2017 Part 2

After much deliberation I finally decided on what colour greens to use on my headscarf.

Light Fleur de Lys Interior Started 
















As you can see I have begun to fill in the light Fleur de Lys (FLD) which is the Bottom Design with darker coloured cotton.

Light FDL Outline Being Filled
















I gradually filled in the bottom half of the FDL with a simple backstitch. I did this starting from the outside edge and sewed in a clockwise manner. This eventually finished up with the final stitch being at the centre of the section.

Bottom FDL Cotton Shortage



















As you can see a majority of the Bottom FDL has now been embroidered. However I was now concerned about the amount of cotton I had available. Since the Light Green Outline would have to be gone over to make it standout I had an idea.

I left a small gap next to the outline before beginning to sew the interior. This would reduce the amount of thread needed and at the same time would make it easier to highlight with the light green thread.

Once the Bottom FDL was completed using the same process I embroidered the Top FDL

Finished FDL’s





















As you can see they have both shown up exceedingly well. Next blog a different pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment