Thursday 20 July 2017

Keep Cool and Keep Calm -Ice Inspirations 2017 Part 2

Keep Cool and Keep Calm -Ice Inspirations 2017 Part 2

First of all I have to apologise for the poor quality of photographs in this blog. I managed somehow to lose some so I have tried to take some post production as it were.

Snowflake Fine Detail





















I put quite a bit of detail into the final part of the snowflake. First I went around the inner edges again to make them stand out. The triangular sections I put a line across to embellish them. In the diamond shaped sections I first sewed a box inside then I did a criss-cross X shape to finish off.

Igloo pattern











This is the template for the other side of the bag. I have chosen an igloo

Igloo Edged and Detailed













I apologise for the jump but the building up photo’s disappeared. It was a pretty straightforward process. I chose the outer colour a bright sky blue and backstitched the outer edge of the Igloo. I then outlined the entrance in the same colour.

For the blocks of ice I backstitched in the same blue I had used for the Snowflake.

Igloo Press Studs













From here on the photographs are after I have already finished and therefore taking retrospectively. As you can see I have put two halves of some press studs at the top of the Igloo side.

Double Press Studs









Here you can see in the above picture both halves of the two press studs sewn into place. The tops were then folded over and sewn so that the studs are hidden.

Sides Blanket Stitched










After sorting out the press studs I then folded the bag inside out so I could hem the edges with a blanket stitch. I had a change of colour for this and used an icy green.

Then all I had to do was turn it back again the right way and put the Ice Pack inside. I may do some more detailing at a later date. However I am rushing through these as I need them as soon as possible for use

Snowflake Pressed
















Here is the Snowflake after being washed and pressed

Igloo Pressed


















This is how the other side with the Igloo looks after being washed and pressed. I have to say that I have tried it out with the Icepack and I am so pleased with the result I am going to make another one. Details in part 3


No comments:

Post a Comment