Thursday 27 July 2017

Keep Cool and Keep Calm -Ice Inspirations 2017 Part 3

Keep Cool and Keep Calm -Ice Inspirations 2017 Part 3

This will be a shorter blog as the techniques are more or less the same as the previous blogs.

Snowman Design











First there comes the design. I was thinking of other cold related images and came up with the idea of the Snowman. It was a little ironic as I drew this whilst sitting in my garden on the Summer Solstice.

Snowman Outline
















I have slightly veered off the drawn pattern as whilst sewing it didn’t seem quite right. I am once again using backstitch.

Scarf Outline

















After doing a spot of body outlining I misplaced the cotton I was using so decided to start on the scarf

Hat Outline

















I finished the scarf outline then started on the Snowman’s hat. I also found the other coloured cotton I had misplaced and was able to finish the rest of the body.

Hat and Scarf Detail
















Now I had the outline of the scarf and hat backstitched I could begin filling in their detail.

Snowman Full Detail

















Here are the final finishing touches before moving on to the next design.

Snowman Washed and Pressed
 













The above picture is obviously when the bag has been completely finished but I thought I would let you see the end product of this side before doing the final blog.









No comments:

Post a Comment