Wednesday 30 August 2017

Renovating Box Seats 2017 Part 3

Renovating Box Seats 2017 Part 3

I had difficulty finding the material I wanted at the price I could afford. That was until I had an Idea.

Curtains




















I got these curtains off eBay for under a tenner. The material is much more than I need for the Box Seats so with a little bit of luck I will be able to cover something else too.

Measuring Large Box Front













I am going to use both measures this time. I have used the ruler for the Front of the Box as it holds it nicely whilst I measure.

Measuring the Sides



















When measuring the sides I had to remember to include the depth of the foam on both sides. The measuring tape was better for this as it could bend.

Marking out the Material








As you can see in the photograph above I am taking advantage of the fact that the Curtain Material is already hemmed. This gives me a nice straight edge to measure from.

Two Covers Roughly Hemmed










Once cut I hemmed with a simple backstitch around both pieces of material.

Measuring for the Second Hem













After the rough hem was done I re-measured against the Box Seat to see how much I needed to take in.

Cut Short










Oops on one cover I have cut it a little short therefore I need to make the second hem as small as possible to keep as much material as I can. I will let you know how I get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment