Thursday 21 December 2017

Other Bits and Bobs 2017 Part 4

Other Bits and Bobs 2017 Part 4

In Other Bits and Bobs 2017 Part 3 I wrote about the Pink Beret I knitted. This blog covers the rest of the set and a couple of extra items.

Pink Gloves
















After the Beret was finished I knitted a pair of Pink matching Gloves.

Pink Scarf







To complete the set I knitted a Scarf. A couple of snags occurred whilst knitting it. If you look at the photograph you can see a bump on the left side. This was a miss-stitch that I didn’t notice until far too late.

Also I inadvertently started a new ball of wool on the last section. It was only later that I found half a ball of wool tucked away in another part of my craft box – very annoying.

This meant when I reached the desired length I had two part balls left. It was this when I had an idea.

Pink Flower Brooch











A couple of years ago I made a top which was fastened with a knitted flower.

I thought this would be a great idea to do in some of the Pink wool I had left. I knitted the flower then proceeded to sew Pink Beads on it.

Brown Flower Brooch













Now the Pink Set was finished I started on another set in Brown Wool. Again I made a Flower Brooch. This time the centre bead was white and the rest were gold.

Back of Brooches











All that was left to do was to sew safety pins on the back.

Brown Beret
















I am not exactly sure what I did whilst knitting this Beret but I kept getting the stitch count wrong. Therefore I had to make considerable adjustments whilst knitting in order to get it finished.

Brown Gloves 












Another mistake was made with the Brown Gloves. For some reason one glove is smaller than the other. I have either missed a couple of rows or picked up wrongly. Whatever the case the thumb on one glove is very tight and makes it difficult to move. I am hoping that when washed I might be able to stretch it a bit.

I still have the scarf to do but it will have to wait as I have other projects on the go.




No comments:

Post a Comment