Thursday 22 February 2018

More Crafting Odds and Sods – Past and Present

More Crafting Odds and Sods – Past and Present

Over the years I have had go at various crafts. I decided a while ago I would try and keep a record of what things I have created. Unfortunately since a few were presents and I had no camera at the time some are forever lost.

However a few of my friends have kindly supplied me with a few photos. Here are a few things that haven’t been included in previous blogs.

Braids 2018

 










I have a Medieval Braid Wheel and last month I was showing a few friends how to make Braids. Afterwards I carried on making Braids using odd bits of wool and donated them to Ophelia Originals as tags. - https://www.facebook.com/OpheliaOriginals/

Teapot Cross-Stitch 2017












This Cross-Stitch was a pattern in a magazine bought by my mother for me. Therefore I decided to make it for her. I think it came out quite well

Pretentious Pyrography 2012 Front View
Photograph Copyright Chris Johnson










This is a joke present known as a Pretentious Stick. The Large P stands for Pretentious and the Bow and Arrow motif stands for Robin Hood

Pretentious Pyrography 2012 Back View
Photograph Copyright Chris Johnson









This was made to commemorate a talk given at Nottingham Empyrean. - http://nottinghamempyrean.co.uk/

Pyrography for Yule













I cannot exactly remember when this was made. It was a Pyro graphed wheel of the year for a group to use as a religious platter.

Knaughty Knitwear
Photograph Copyright Daniel Homes









This was another joke present made for a friends 21st Birthday. I believe that this was my first ever attempt at knitting an item without a pattern.

Woollen Willy Warmer
Photograph Copyright Daniel Holmes









As you can see I knitted this in his favourite colour – purple and embroidered both sides. My only regret is that I was unable to get a photo of his face when he opened his gift.


I still have quite a few items that I would like to get photos of so if any of my friends have any please send them to me.

N.B
Thanks to Chris and Daniel for sending in the photos and giving me permission to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment