Thursday 1 February 2018

Yule Presents 2017 Continued

Yule Presents 2017 Continued

I have several lovely friends that are coincidentally in the same craft group so I thought I would like to make something crafty, personal and useful.

I had one of ‘my bright ideas’ which generally means it is okay in theory but could do with several months extra in which to make. Therefore I haven’t taken pictures as I have gone along but I will try and give you the idea.

The craft group is called The Witches’ Stitches. The presents are for three lovely ladies and two handsome gents. Ladies first -

Moira’s Yule Present Front 2017





I made these gifts simultaneously so they are in no particular order. I am making bags complete with zips using the Cross–Stitch technique on Aida Fabric. The bags are embroidered both sides with the group name on and are large enough to encompass long Knitting Needles.

Moira’s Yule Present Back 2017 





Although the lettering is the same each bag is unique to the person it is meant for. Moira is a White Witch and renowned Author so what could be better than a bell, BOOK and candle design complete with a pentagram.

Cayt’s Yule Present Front 2017





Cayt who set up the group is organised. She is a very cheerful person and is often sporting colourful clothing so bright colours were a must.

Cayt’s Yule Present Back 2017





She is also is a gardener. Therefore I felt that it would be nice to have a bit of Ivy clambering around the lettering.


Julia’s Yule Present Front 2017





Although Julia is a Crochet Demon rather than a Knitter I thought it would be nice to have the bag the same size as the other girls.

Julia’s Yule Present Back 2017





When I first met Julia she was often in flowing ethnic or tie die kind of clothes. Therefore I thought I would do a myriad of colours to go with her sparkling personality. Ye Gods never let me have an idea like that again

Now for the lads presents. Both the men do Cross Stitch so I made the bags shorter but deeper than the ladies. With luck they should be able to get a small hoop inside. This time the material used for the bag is felt and the Aida is sewn on top otherwise the small needles would fall through. Rather than using a zip this time I have used strong Velcro.

Tim’s Yule Present 2017 








After consultation with Cayt as to what colours Tim liked I decided on a blue background. I did wash the felt first because I didn’t want to risk the colour bleeding onto the White Aida.

I have tried to keep the pattern simple with a few of his gardening tools on. By sheer coincidence when I began to add the ribbon I had bought I noticed it said Merry Christmas.

Matt’s Yule Present 2017 









With the information from Julia that her FiancĂ© likes Tartan I proceeded to go with that theme. I think the ribbon used was definitely in the Festive mood because it just would not go on straight. – Sorry about that Matt!

Since Matt is musically inclined I add a few notes then went on to wash and press all the gifts ready for wrapping. Merry Yuletide 2017 folks!

If you want to know more about Moira’s work follow the link below


www.moirahodgkinson.com

No comments:

Post a Comment