Thursday 19 April 2018

What Blooming Flower Is It? 2018 Part 1

What Blooming Flower Is It? 2018 Part 1

I have to admit that I am beginning to struggle with my blogging. It is not that I do not have any projects to do in fact quite the contrary. It is just that ones I am presently doing are extremely time consuming.

However I will do my best and I have entitled this one What Blooming Flower Is It?

What is this?

















I was given this by my friend Laura of Alyssa Rose Boutique - https://www.facebook.com/Alyssa.Rose.Boutique/

It is a linen cloth with an inked pattern. This is one section of it showing a grouping of flowers. Now I am not very good at identifying any form of plant life but it did look vaguely familiar.

Stems Outlined

















Whatever the flower was generally the stems are green so whilst waiting to work out what kind of plant it was I began on some of the outline.

After consultation with several folks we came to the consensus that it was a Crocus. Therefore I have decided to dedicate this as Crocus Corner 1. 

Inner Leaf Stalk

















I continued working on the leaves whilst I searched the internet for information on the Crocus.

A Few Completed Leaves

















Once the Stalks and Stems were outlined I could now begin to infill the leaves themselves. I picked a mid-green colour to fill the leaves as I didn’t want to lose the outline by using two dark a colour.

Change of Green 1










I began to embroider the leaves and was surprised by how much thread that only one leaf took to complete. I realised that I wouldn’t have enough so I had to have a think. I came up with the idea of mixing up different greens for different leaves.

Change of Green 2











I decided that whilst I was going to use different greens for the leaves I might as well go and start infilling the other corners. This meant I had to find more shades to use.

Crocus Corner Complete
 
















I have now completed one whole corner of leaves.

Missed A Bit











Oh no I haven’t! I have spotted two that aren’t filled in. If you look carefully I have mistaken two leaves for that lift up for petals. This means I will have to go back and check all the other corners. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment