Thursday 26 April 2018

What Blooming Flower Is It? 2018 Part 2


What Blooming Flower Is It? 2018 Part 2

I left the Part 1 with missed leaves. I have now checked all the corners and filled in any areas that needed embroidering. On to the next section

Adding Bright Yellow

















I decided to do the stamens. This adding of a bright Yellow was undoubtedly fiddley and time consuming. I couldn’t get into a rhythm as they were so small and varied. I was glad when the whole corner was done.

Purple Outline











I had decided that this corner would be Purple. Therefore I outlined all the Petals with that colour. I varied the shades to hopefully avoid running short like I nearly did with the green on the leaves.

Outer Purple Petals











After the outlining of the petals I began to embroider the outer ones. Again I mixed up the Purples. I tried to make sure that in the main the outer Petals were dark shades of Purple. This is because I wanted to make the inner ones lighter to show contrast.

Light Yellow










I had two choices either I could start on the inner petals or continue on with the surrounds of the stamens. Frankly I was getting a bit fed up with all the Purple so I found a nice Lemon to work with.
  
Finished Crocus Corner 1










All I had to do now was fill in the inside of the Petals and there it is one corner finished three to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment