Thursday 24 May 2018

What Blooming Flower Is It? 2018 Part 3


What Blooming Flower Is It? 2018 Part 3

I am now moving onto Crocus Corner 3. No you haven’t missed a blog I have skipped Crocus Corner 2 for now.

Crocus Corner 3 Stems












I know it seems strange to skip a corner but I do have my reasons. If you consider the shape of the material not as a square but diamond shape it makes more sense.

The first corner I have sewn in shades of Purple. It has made that corner quite dark. Therefore I want to make its direct opposite corner dark as well.

Crocus Corner 3 Leaves










For the leaves I have used various shades of Green as I did for the initial corner.

Crocus Corner 3 Stamen











Once the leaves were finished and I had checked that this time I hadn’t missed any I began in filling the stamens with a similar shade of Yellow.

Crocus Corner 3 Outline











Finally after all the stamens were finished – which is one of my least favourite jobs because they are so fiddly I could then start on the outlines of the blooms.

I was a little short on very dark Blue silks so I had to use some Mid-Blues to do some of the outlines.



No comments:

Post a Comment